Stellite Alloy consist of complex carbides in an alloy matrix. Their exceptional wear resistance is due mainly to the unique inherent characteristics of the hard carbide phase dispersed in a CoCr alloy matrix.
Stellite 12 Saw tips are made of Stellite alloy in grade Co12,so the following information is all about Co12.
(1). Stellite Alloy 12 could be considered an intermediate alloy .
(2). It contains a higher fraction of hard, brittle carbides than Stellite Alloy 6
(3).It has increased resistance to low angle erosion, abrasion, and severe sliding wear while stretaining reasonable impact and cavitation resistance.
(4). Stellite Alloy 12 is often used self-mated or running against .
Stellite Alloy tipped saws have shown to be able to:
- Increase run times.
- Cut with thinner kerf.
- Produce a smoother sawn surface.
- Reduce sawing variations - Better cutting accuracy. (allowing for tighter target sizes)
- Reduce the power consumption during cutting.
- Reduce the cutting downtime for saw changes and saw maintenance.
- Increased saw life due to the ability to achieve more sharpening and at longer intervals.
Stellite Alloy is also more resistant to the abrasive acids found in some woods like red cedar.This allows the tips to stay sharp longer than carbide tips and significantly longerthan swaged saw steel when cutting unseasoned woods.
Cobaltalloy have produced more than 100 kinds of specifications tips and export to Canada, USA,France, New Zealand, Australia, Norway and Russia etc. more than 40 countries and areas.